887 Wind Drift Dr.
Traverse City, MI 49684
Phone: (231) 421-5141
Cell/voice mail: (248) 535-2722
Doctorate Educational Leadership
1985 Western Michigan University
Master of Arts in Management & Supervision
1981 Central Michigan University
Bachelor Science Mechanical Engineering
1970 Wayne State University
Registered Professional Engineer - State of Michigan
PRESIDENT & CEO - TEAM Resources, Inc.
(December 1989 - Present)
* Technical, Engineering, Administrative & Management contract services.
* Human Resources Management
* Patent Litigation
* Expert Witness - Automotive Safety & Child Restraints
CONSULTANT - General Motors Legal Staff
(February 1994 to October 1996)
Coordinate legal discovery for defense of product litigation cases primarily related to seating systems, recliners, occupant restraint and body crashworthiness. Historical development of seating and occupant restraint systems, including expert witness, court hearings and depositions.
ENGINEER CONSULTANT - Automotive Tier 1 Suppliers
(January 1992 to Present)
* Value Analysis/Value Engineering of Automotive Components
* Product Cost & Warranty Reduction
* Automotive Patents Issued
PROGRAM MANAGER - GM - Delphi
(June 1988 - December 1989)
* Engineering Project Center Management for Delphi, GMC - Seat Systems
ENGINEERING GROUP MANAGER - Inland Fisher Guide Division - GMC
(September 1984 - May 1988)
* Administrator of Engineering Management Systems and Product Specifications.
* Manager New Product Development.
* Chairman, General Motors, Fisher Body Reorganization Implementation Team.
ENGINEERING GROUP MANAGER - Fisher Body Division - GMC
(January 1971 - September 1984)
* Occupant protection and safety systems (1980-1984).
* Product Performance & Testing
* Structural analysis of automotive body systems.
* Crashworthiness and performance validation.
* Mass and cost analysis.
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - Fisher Body Division - GMC
* Product Research and Safety Department (1964-1971).
- Seat and restraint systems design.
- Development of FMVSS performance criteria.
- Child seat development.
- Vehicle packaging and seating arrangement.
- Body Structure development.
SUPERVISOR & DESIGN ENGINEER - Chrysler Corp./Space Division
New Orleans, LA. (May 1962 - June 1964)
* Responsible for design & layout of thrust structure assembly & instrumentation components for the Saturn Booster Rocket.
ENGINEER & DESIGNER - Chrysler Corp./Defense Operations
Warren, MI.(April 1956 - April 1962)
* Engineering and design of military vehicle systems and components
U.S. ARMY - Fort Hood, Texas & Seoul, South Korea
(August 1959 - April 1962)
CIVIC & COMMUNITY SERVICE
* City of Sterling Heights, Michigan, 1972.
Six years Commissioner and member of Building Board of Appeals and Housing Code.
* Boy Scouts of America - Eagle Scout Rank, and Scoutmaster.
* Ferris State College - Big Rapids, Michigan
Mechanical Engineering Advisory Board, 1985 and 1986.
* St. Clair College - Windsor, Ontario Canada Automotive Body Design Curriculum Advisory Board, 1986.
* Instructor at Central Michigan University - Troy Center.
- Industrial Management Classes for Masters Program, 1986 to present.
* TEAM Academy - School of Mechanical Design
* Author of "The Blue King" Children's Storybook
* Author of "Precious Cargo, promote child safety"
*Author of "Don't Be A Dummy"
* Society of Automotive Engineers and American Society of Body Engineers
* Pi Sigma Tau National Honorary Mechanical Engineers Fraternity
* Sigma Iota Epsilon Professional Management Fraternity